I wanna do a little sharing here about the acquisition

I wanna do a little sharing here, given the community’s rumour about the Hyperion Lab being taken over by an Aussie Investor. I’ve also read another post regarding the acquisition’s interpretation, about why investors are now eyes on the lucrative map market and the reason for selecting a blockchain supported enterprise.

Finance, Internet and Blockchain are three areas that I’ve been following for quite a while, and I learned about this company about two years ago (cuz that’s not many decentralized map service providers out there ), so, yes, why not say something about it …

The following personal X academic sharing might seem a little bit too long for some of you, so you might skim read by selecting your most interested subheading !! I wanna shed light on the strong correlation or interoperability between the Internet market and feasible geospatial data.

Tremendous need across industries

Well, I guess the acquisition is ultimately decided by market factors
Growing along with the rapid Internet development, the geodata pool adds much complexities and diversities and eventually lay an essential foundation for the contemporary business world. In particular, for service providers who show strong dependency on accurate geospatial data, Parcel Force, or UberEats can never miss a precise geospatial location. The demand for location data service has gone up exponentially in recent years and received wide adoption across industries, with continued updated technical breakthrough and market coverage.

Facts alert !!
Service providers like Airbnb, Didi, Ctrip are taking advantage of the current, well-established positioning infrastructure and accurate data capturing through the Mobile Intelligent Terminal. They leverage the preciseness of the user’s POI and profit from offering O2O intermediaries services. Uber itself has paid over $58million as calling for the valid mapping data. Seeing the Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to be limitless, geospatial data will face sustainable growth and provide valuable commercial statistics in all. A $16 billion market based on geospatial analysis is speculated by 2021, let alone a market considered the calling for map services.

Stay Opened !!
Business verticals such as telecom, FMCG, Logistics & Transportation, Govt, Retail, IT, and automotive delivery expect a reasonable and accessible opportunity to deploy high-resolution geodata. Making use of POI may provide optimization of industrial layout and further promote a city’s sustainable development; that’s what we can tell so far, but who knows in the near future, keep our mind open for more possibilities!

Potential in underexplored market
As we were speaking of how well the employment of POI by far in the business world, we are very likely to talk about the market in the More Economically Developed Countries (MEDC) with relatively strong economic performance and sound local infrastructure.
Residents in less economically developed areas in Africa, South East Asia, and the Middle East face issues that many of us won’t bother with, like chaotic street location, unclear house number, and no clear guidepost. These small issues added up, turning to one stumbling rock after another.
You see, this is not because Less Economically Developed Countries (LEDCs) lack the determination or will to catch up with the rest of the world; they need a reliable structural reform and make effective use of the current resources.

Can you believe that ?
Let’s take the Africa economy as an example; its roadmap for long -term economic growth may reach $6.7 trillion by 2030 of combined consumer and business spending. We may see a similar potentiality in other emerging markets; by then, accurate POI accuracy will reveal its true value. Economic professions may analyze the data-set and apply it to city layout, while customers will expect the same delivery services or convenient transportation as we do.

Where do the future investments go?
So, what can be done to cultivate the geospatial service market further? Imagine integrating the industrial potential with market capacity; we are perhaps talking about another outburst of service applications on the map industry.
Propelled by the great thrust of both parties’ demand, a sound and healthy POI infrastructure will be highly requested, serving as the foundation of most mobile- internet-driven service providers. Hyperion’sOne Map’ vision uses the available open geo-location sources, sets up a rewarding system for quality POI contribution, and establishes an Organic, blockchain-supported ecosystem. Such an all-sided framework outputs valuable locational statics by welcoming service providers on-chain creations.
We see the surge in the mobile internet market; we also see the potential in the unexplored market. Let’s look forward to the excellent utilization of POI geospatial data and the synergies of further cultivation. Btw, who doesn’t like a cash cow ?